chapcory;638117 Wrote:
> Two part question- (i am using Logitech's APP on  20 iPod Touches
> talking to 4 SBT's)
>
> 1)do I need MSB to see all radio stations, or will the usb stick server
> suffice?
> 2) can I make lAN based Ipod touches find the SBT locally without a
> lookup at MSB? (it takes too long that way)
>
> Tia,
> Chap Cory

1) For radio alone the server on the touch should be fine but the touch
still needs a connection to MySb since this is where it gets the
information from.
If you want to use other stuff like Spotify or Last.fm you'll need to
directly connect to MySb if you don't use a "big" SBS.

2) you can find the Touches locally if all your stuff is on the same
WiFi network but I doubt that's faster than through MySB if you have
more than 20 devices on the same WiFi network - BTW, what WiFi
router/AP do you use? There's an awful lot out there which can't handle
more than 16 devices at the same time.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com