Great post Tim!!!

Rebuffering on my SB3 has been driving me potty too. FLAC over my
internal network was faultless but streaming radio was a complete no-no
so it looked like an ISP/Network issue. They (the ISP) had almost
persuaded me it was not a network problem because there were no packets
actually being dropped
(at the command prompt:-  "pathping bbc.co.uk").

My NIC (Atheros L1) doesn't have the full range of settings and was
already set to "Auto" but I followed your advice and loaded the Network
Monitor and found a huge number of "Continuation" packets. I suspect
this is caused by poor settings for MTU and RWIN on my SBS Vista
machine. I went to
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/MTU2.htm
and followed their advice and it has been streaming flawlessly for the
last hour. I should add that I used SqueezePlay on the SBS machine
(Vista) cabled to the router to eliminate other issues. CPU & memory
loads were incredibly low but the NIC must have just been giving up the
ghost with all the fragmented packets.

So my advice is:-

1. Follow Tim's advice above re: setting up the PC interface.

2. Visit "Kitz" as it seems the MTU & RWIN settings are TOTALLY
dependent on your ISP. Their advice summarised:-
Use Ping to determine the best MTU for your ISP (mine was 1458)
Use their calculator to find RWIN based on your line speed.
Download Dr.TCP to set the values on your PC.

3. Set the new MTU value on your router.

4. BUT, despite the fact that it is now streaming cleanly, Vista has
already seen fit to reset the MTU on reboot to 1486.
"netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces"
Vista is supposed to tune MTU automatically but we know what a pile of
cack Vista is. There is a shed load of advice on Kitz for setting on
Vista; I haven't followed that yet (ain't broken now so why fix it).

Hope this helps.

Reg

--
RegH