Solrac;650781 Wrote:
> I see your point, but I'm not ready yet to give up my original idea. Of
> course, if I don't find the necessary information on how to figure it
> out it is doomed. My reason for a direct connection is that given the
> characteristics of my place in the world and my internet provider, I
> need to do the unplugging and plugging of the router too often and I
> would like to avoid as many playback interruptions as possible.
Thanks for the kind words. So if I understand you correctly (and it's
very possible that I don't), you want your dedicated Win7 server to be
connected directly to the Touch via ethernet, _and_ you also want that
server connected to the rest of your network so that you can manage it
via remote desktop and do other things with it. Assuming that the
server's connection to the network is also wired, that means you're
looking at a server with at least two network cards. Is that correct?
And that one of the network cards will be configured to be a part of
your home network, and the other will be configured to be part of a
"special" network consisting of only the server and the Touch.

I am reasonably sure it is possible to set things up that way, but I am
much more certain that I couldn't walk someone through the process
without actually sitting at the computer. I get crosseyed even thinking
about configuring two network adapters, and most of my experience with
it has been trial and error. Maybe someone else will be able to help.
Good luck.

--
aubuti