Mnyb;661777 Wrote:
> Do try the Touchs analogue out and compare to your old dac, try to level
> match so that not the loudest " wins" :)
After trying that - by doing an A-B test by connecting both of the
Touch's digital coax and analog outputs to my pre-amp and switching
between them - I discovered that to my octogenarian ears they both
sounded great and that I really could not detect any perceived
difference :-)

So I ended up using the analog outputs and now I can enjoy my 96/24
files without any problem!

In addition I exchanged the stock wall wart with a linear p/s and used
some of the software tweaks from soundcheck's tool tips - and I am now
very pleased with the improved audio from the Touch compared to the
SB3.

--
cvj