squeezeslave only does 44.1. There is an alternative which is
vortexbox-player, it can go up to 192 as is.

VBP has some problems, it only works with the SBS in VB (I think its
just a configuration file that lets SBS know the capabilities of VBP),
and it only runs on the linux distribution in VB.

I have tested it with a VB installation on the "server" computer and
another VB installation on a fitpc2 with SBS turned off and it does
work at hi-res. Its almost certainly possible to get VBP to run on
another distro, It sits on top of MPD and needs a proper connection
between them. The scripts that set it all up probably have to be
modified for a different environment.

Another big problem with VBP is that it is NOT gapless, there is a
slight gap between tracks. For some people this is not a problem, for
others it is a major issue.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson