soundcheck;674319 Wrote:

> If I wanted to go the USB DAC route I'd get away from Squeezebox. I'd
> either get myself a MAC mini with Pure Music on it or a slim Linux
> rt-installation on a small computer such as FitPc (I still have one
> around. Nowadays it's much too expensive though)  Quite some people are
> extremely happy running an Alix board with a stripped down Linux on it).

Agreed, I have both a MacMini and a slim Linux with rt installed etc.
They both handle the VLink without a problem and sound spectacular.

Currently I have the Linux machine running into my VLink which is
feeding an Audiogd Ref7 Dac. Can't say I have any desire to use
anything else, except just for the sake of experimenting.

--
dynaudiorules

'Dynobot's Audio' (https://sites.google.com/site/computeraudioorg/)