paul.raulerson;674432 Wrote:
> Sure did, came so darn close I wanted to cry. I suspect I will either
> replace the Touch with an Auraliti, or else just give in and buy a
> really good S/PDIF DAC.
>
> I can tell you that the Touch playing through the Proton, unmodified
> except for asound.conf, sounds gorgeous. Deep rich but tightly
> controlled bass, airy treble (if a little rolled off), and stygian
> <pop!> blackness between the notes.
>
> -Paul

BTW I used the mmap and fragment in the stock asound.conf file for
spdif. I think it improves the sound there too.  My Dac is spdif and I
am using the VLink to feed it...usb asych was a marked improvement over
spdif out but when I put the commands in the asound file, both usb and
spdif from the touch sounds identical....err almost.

--
dynaudiorules

'Dynobot's Audio' (https://sites.google.com/site/computeraudioorg/)