Rosewind;678198 Wrote:
> John, Triode, Paul and others.
>
> Cheers for all the time you have dedicated to this "issue" with USB Dac
> playback of 24/192-files! It is an inspiration to read about your
> "labour" on this.
>
> If it is solved in time for Christmas, it will indeed be THE Christmas
> gift for me, too! I would love to have my Touch output 24/192 to my
> Ayre QB-9.
>
> Best wishes,
> Peter

Hi Peter,
getting 192 to work over USB is a very different issue, that is going
to be much more difficult. There are two classes of issues right now:

Async 24 bit has some issues, current info is pointing to it NOT being
ALSA related, rather something in the low level USB driver.

Doing 192 needs a recent ALSA which supports audio 2.0. This is
something Logitech does not want to do since the drivers for the
internal DAC and S/PDIF would have to be rewritten for the new ALSA.
Even if this is done we still need to get the first issue addressed.

The upshot is that getting 192 working by Christmas is NOT going to
happen!

John S.

--
JohnSwenson