Great, thanks all.  If I can figure out the network path to the USB
drive on the touch, I should be able to update it with new stuff.  Just
gotta figure out where it is and point the sync program to it.

I don't mind the laptop as a controller, it's here anyway.  Would be
fun to use my old Dell Pocket PC but I doubt there's an app for Windows
Mobile. ;)

What I DO like is the SB remote.  It's much faster to pick it up to
change volume or pause (mute) than to go thru a device that may have to
wake up and think about it.  That's one of the big reasons I bought the
SB touch.

--
Mr. Tuesdays