treepleks;675977 Wrote:
> I have been using swap on my USB disk for more than 2 weeks now and
> since this, I have not seen a single problem with the SB touch.

Good to know. I was just thinking aloud.

treepleks;675977 Wrote:
> I got a 40MB usage at some point but 1 to 20MB is more usual.

Ok, I'm convinced ;-)

Rant mode on : hardware designers seem to always underestimate the
amount of memory required, and the SB hardware designers in particular.
The ipkg players are notorious for having their flash full, which
prevent adding new features to them. The SB-Radio in the early days was
suffering from chronic out-of-memory issues which took one year to fix
(see Amazon reviews). And let's not mention the SB-Touch, despite the
heroics of the software team, we are still bumping on the memory
limitations.
I wonder if it was a worthwhile tradeoff for SB. Sure, they save a few
cents on each unit, but then wasted a lot in engineering and products
bad reviews. In the case of the SB-Touch, this crippled one of the main
feature, and Logitech can't really sell the Touch based on its internal
server. With twice the memory, the internal server would have ended up
a totally different product.

treepleks;675977 Wrote:
> BTW, does anybody knows if there is a cross compilation toolchain
> available for the touch ?

I have notes in my threads about RSync and NTP :
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=81755&highlight=rsync
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=87588&highlight=ntp

Good luck...

Jean