sc53;677844 Wrote:
> Thanks all for the input; I just sent the Repeater back. Guido, it was
> the same model as you have SR300 but it was not configured as a bridge
> for some reason and I could not configure it as such. Their tech
> support was useless, but friendly. The box has 5 ethernet ports and you
> would think you could connect the repeater wirelessly to your router and
> home network (which I did, effortlessly) then plug in devices that would
> then connect also. But no, that did not happen. Maybe the firmware got
> corrupted or something. I tried new ethernet cables etc. but the Touch
> would not connect to my network when making a wired connection to the
> repeater. When I plugged Touch into my own router, wired connection
> made, no problem. I can't believe I spent hours on phone with: Logitech
> support, Amped_Wireless support, and D-Link support, plus experimenting
> with various settings on my router, only to come up answerless. You
> really are on your own with networking devices these days. and I and
> NOT a networking expert or computer geek or anything other than an
> audiophile. I am just using my Touch wirelessly as usual and things are
> fine. So much for "improving" my reception.

Sorry to hear about the run-around they gave you. Will they exchange
the unit for one that works? I think it may be worth your while to try
again.

So far, my SR300 has worked flawlessly. It (+ Monster Cat6 cable) made
quite a difference in sound quality.

Guido F.

--
guidof

MUSIC ROOM:
Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge->Conrad Johnson
Motif preamp
Oppo BDP-83 Universal Player->Cambridge Azur 840C DAC
Vortexbox Appliance->WiFi Bridge->Squeezebox Touch->Toslink->Cambridge
Azur 840C DAC->Adcom GFP-750 preamp->Music Reference RM-200 Mk II amp
-> Martin Logan SL3s
DSpeaker Antimode 8033->REL T1 Sub
BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch (analog out)->Little Dot Mk III amp->AKG K701
headphones
SECOND BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch->Grado SR125 headphones