sc53;677275 Wrote:
> From reading the Wiki and talking to the support people at
> Amped_Wireless, I'm wondering if the ordinary ethernet patch cable
> won't work? Do I need a crossover cable between Touch and the
> repeater?
> Also, Amped_Wireless told me to open the ports on my router. Well, the
> ports the SB needs are already open on my router. Do I need to open
> them in a different way for a wired SB rather than a wireless one? My
> D-Link router setup page has an option for virtual server, and for port
> forwarding. Have no idea which I should use.

I have an Amped Wireless repeater (model SR300) and it works just fine
connected with the Touch via a Cat6 Ethernet cable. Also worked fine
with prior Cat5 cables.

Have no idea what ports the Aped folks are talking about. Unless
faulty, the repeater should need no port setting once a (wireless)
connection between itself and the router has been established.

If you have a laptop that can be plugged into the repeater via Ethernet
wire, try that. If it does not connect to the network (e.g., it cannot
log onto the internet), then the problem is a faulty repeater, seems to
me.

Good luck!

Guido F.

--
guidof

MUSIC ROOM:
Marantz TT 15S1 Turntable, Virtuoso Wood Cartridge -> Conrad Johnson
Motif preamp
Oppo BDP--83 Universal Player; Squeezebox Touch (digital out) ->
Cambridge Azur 840C DAC -> Adcom GFP-750 preamp -> Music Reference
RM-200 Mk II amp -> Martin Logan SL3 speakers
DSpeaker Antimode 8033 equalizer -> REL T1 Subwoofer
BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch (analog out) -> Little Dot Mk III amp -> AKG K701
headphones
SECOND BEDROOM:
Squeezebox Touch -> Grado SR125 headphones