Lugbutz;684201 Wrote:
> Re latest Version....
>
> Gotta tellya... I believe I am at the latest version for my Touch and
> Server
>
> Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.1 - r33735
> Touch Firmware: 7.7.1-r9558
>

> My Wifi Connection is 100%, I have virtually no load on my network and
> I still had the choppy playback... it was unbelieveable! Loads on the
> Touch constantly > 2.0 and I could barely stand the chops.
>
> I finally found the fix "analyze" late last night, applied it this
> morning and there is a substantial improvement. Note.. I said
> Improved... I was listening to Mad Men across the Water, and the
> choppiness is back... but I think I tamed it by reinstalling
> Soundchecks 3.0 Toolkit.
>
> That said, I think that their may still be an issue... at least for
> Squeezebox Server on CentOS 6.0. In order
>
> to run the "analyze" command I needed to update sqlite3 version 3.6 to
> version 3.7. If I ran with the default version on Centos... I could not
> connect to the library.db file... I always recieved an "file is not a
> database or is encrypted" error.

What kind of server ?btw send flac as flac over the wifi do not
transcode flac to wav  it is BS it does not sound better.

and if your server is low spec cpu use can be high during transcoding
making things choppy.

i think your problem is something else, the original db problem is
solved LMS do analyze itself periodicaly when enough new stuff have
been added.
and one should anyway do a clear and rescan everything now and then if
done a lot of changes.

And the simple solution use ethernet wire I wired my setup when I knew
that I would push a lot of 24/96 to it. It takes less time to nail some
wire to the wall than figthing wifi gremlins and wire is much more
simple
than radio so it apeals to me as no nonse engineering done rigth, if
two devices are stationary why use wifi ? i use wifi for my radio and
my iPad and work laptop.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )