firedog;689849 Wrote:
> Except that I've consistently picked out the 24bit versions in blind
> testing. As as example, listen to the hand claps and the "jangly
> guitar" in "Words of Love" - the hand claps sound more like the real
> thing, and the guitar is more "jangly" in the 24bit.

I think we had this here once. You have to comparethe 24bit version to
a 16bit file coming from this 24bit file. The 24bit version is slightly
different in loudness (afaik 0.2dB) and maybe treated a tiny bit
different no matter what you read how they were done. Besides that
hearing difference between 16 and 24bit is very unlikely with The
Beatles. Even after remastering the noisefloor should be way to high.

--
Wombat

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers