Wombat;689911 Wrote:
> I think we had this here once. You have to comparethe 24bit version to a
> 16bit file coming from this 24bit file. The 24bit version is slightly
> different in loudness (afaik 0.2dB) and maybe treated a tiny bit
> different no matter what you read how they were done. Besides that
> hearing difference between 16 and 24bit is very unlikely with The
> Beatles. Even after remastering the noisefloor should be way to high.

i.e., the *mastering* of the 24/96 can be much better than the 16/44.1.
So one really has to compare the same mastering. I recall a long thread
on this issue a couple of years ago.

--
garym

*Location 1:* VB Appliance 6TB (1.10) > LMS 7.7.1 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VB Appliance 3TB (2.0) > LMS 7.7.1 > Touch > Benchmark
DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.7.1 > SqueezePlay
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controllers: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD & SqueezePad), CONTROLLER,
or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag