Further to my post 10 days ago and neeraj's action, I removed a part of
artwork and files from my HDD and using latest firmware 7.7.1 tried to
do a clean scan... failed. So I removed more files - now instead of
original 17k-18k audio files and cca 1350 image files there remained
cca 14k audio file and cca 900 image files ... failed. Factory reset,
wipe & scan ... failed. But during these several days I noticed
something strange: with the original number of files the scan would
always break after cca 225 image files scanned, while after offloading
the HDD and then further lowering that number the scan would break
earlier - in the end it was before it would reach 160-170 image files
(!)
So I flashed it back to 7.5.4.xxxx did a factory reset and started yet
another wipe & scan ... success! I am now putting back in batches the
files I moved off the drive temporarily and set it scan from the
previous point reached and for now it works. So, I guess I will
definitely remain on 7.5.4 for a long time (this procedure prevented me
to listen to some music for quite some time now and that makes me really
nervous ;-) ).

--
congole

_
SB Touch; Denon DVD-1920; Revolver SEE+ Sumiko BluePoint;
Luxman L-405 (impr.); VTL straight-line (impr.);  Luxman T-240 (impr.);

AKAI GX-95; AIWA AD-F640Z; Usher S-520.