toby10;691753 Wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance in ABX listening.... but isn't posting results going
> to taint the overall test results?  Example:  If someone reads this
> thread, sees that most hear no difference on tests 1 & 2, won't there
> now be an expectant bias to also not hear a difference on those same
> tests?
>
> I'm no scientist nor audiophile, so maybe (quite possibly) I'm missing
> something in understanding such testing methods.  :)
>
> Thanks

I think it can re-enforce the expectation bias that the test cases show
no difference or do show differences.  However the idea behind the test
is that you don't know which test case you are voting on, so it should
not influence the specific results within a test other than to
amplify/reduce your expectation to record differences...

I should come clean on one thing (which I believe I stated before):
Test #1 has no significant differences and is the control
Test #2 does do something which I reasoned would potentially have an
impact on the sound in a similar way to buffer tuning/prioritisation of
tasks

I wrote the test app as I thought I could tell the difference with my
mod, but then with the test app I was not so sure...  Lets see if any
more results for test 2 show any significant results.

--
Triode