Mnyb;693761 Wrote:
> When using static ip don't forget to assign a DNS server manually, this
> could be the routers ip if it does dns or your ISP's dns server
>
> Edit: and of course subnetmask when you dhcp there is more than
> thannthenip that's get set.

Thanks.  That was the first thing I tried actually, but still no
internet. I'll have to check, I am not sure if I looked at the subnet
mask, though.  Doing a search on the internets I see this is a known
issue.    There may be some other steps involved like turning wi-fi
off, rebooting, removing the password in the keychain, removing
location, adding a new location, recycling the router, etc.  I haven't
taken a real scientific approach, however, just tried this and that
without a set plan.

I'm getting off thread topic here, though.  If the problem persists
I'll start a new thread in General discussions.  Thanks for the help
thus far!!!

--
stereoptic