DJKick;693641 Wrote:
> Is this reproducible, i.e. tracks that exhibit the problem always
> exhibit it and vice versa?
>
> I will do some tests to see if this is reproducible on the same
> tracks.
>
> Do you have embedded artwork?
>
> Yes but not on all tracks and it has happened on tracks that have no
> artwork, that I am sure about
>
> Were the files ripped with iTunes and the artwork embedded with
> iTunes?
>
> The files were ripped with Itunes for the ALAC but not the MP3 and it
> happened also with the mp3s
>
> When did you rip the problem tracks?
> I'm not sure to understand the question.
>
> Also I just disconnected my USB drive, powered down the Touch,
> repowered back up, reconnected the USB, rescanned the library and it
> seems to go better.
> I did that already which seemed to clear the issue at least for some
> moment, it reappears after a while (but I don't know what makes it
> reappear...)

Sorry for all those questions, doesn't sound exactly like the problem I
have seen.

I have seen a problem which I think was caused by an old version of
iTunes (which was why I asked when the tracks were ripped).

I am forever fiddling with my metadata, modifying artwork and such. I
think the bug caused a problem with the format of an ALAC file such
that the artwork is 'played' as part of the music.

Re-ripping fixes it.

--
canyelles