gaunaik;695027 Wrote:
> M-DAC and Kernal *3 seems to work with 96/24 without the use of a hub.
> This has already been reported by another tester.
>
> Good news indeed or is is the MDAC being fooled into thinking this is
> the case? Music plays flawlessly.
>
> Thanks for your efforts Triode and John S.
>
> Your instructions on the required updates worked first time, I think
> its a very painless process.
>
> Worth pointing to this thread on Pinkfishmedia.  I know many members on
> there are using touch with the M-DAC.
>

> Regards,
>
> G.N.

Without a hub it will play, but I am not sure if it will be working in
async mode.  If you go to the settings, advanced, usb audio menu and
then look at the info for the dac does the frequency change?  If not
then its working on a fixed frequency and you will get a "pop" as the
buffer fills or empties.  MDAC has a useful buffer level display which
can help show when this will happen.  It will depend on the frequency
difference between the crystal in the touch and the mdac how often
these pops occur - you may be lucky and it does not happen very often.
Suggest buying a £6 hub if you see this...

--
Triode