Phil Leigh;692639 Wrote:
> The last thing you want to do is to connect a USB-S/pdif interface to
> the Touch! The existing s/pdif on the Touch will outperform that.
>
> The point of this thread is to get async USB working so that an ASYNC
> DAC can be connected via USB to the Touch, minimising jitter. Putting
> s/pdif back into the setup does not minimise jitter!

I did several comparisons with the M2Tech Evo, Audiophilleo and Fostex
HP-P1 and the SPDIF output from the devices clearly outperform the one
from the SBT (with or without Soundcheck). Tests where performed with a
Moon 650 (with the new async USB Interface) and an AMR DP 777.

SPDIF is not nearly as elegant as a direct async USB connection to DAC
but it can perform on a level that makes indistinguishable to at least
me and some of my friends. The SBT SPDIF is really very good, but IMHO
cannot be compete with the converters mentioned above.

--
warpian

author of the Just Covers plugin