putente;696727 Wrote:
> Hi. I'm new around here and looking for some help and guidance...
>
> I also have an SBT, and I'm looking for the best way to have my FLAC
> library available on it. It's a fairly large collection of about 500GB,
> but there some albums I listen to more frequently. My plan was to have
> those albuns in a 64GB SD card or USB flash drive on the SBT, and the
> rest of my collection placed on a NAS or external USB hard disk. But I
> have some questions about this, and what I can do...
>
> 1. Is it better (for speed, reliability, etc) to use SD card or USB
> pen?
> 2. Is it possible to have LMS running at the same time from USB and SD
> (to have  the music from both media available at the same time)?
>

> Thanks.

1. It doesn't really matter that much between SD or USB
2. NO

It will always be a bit clunky running Tiny LMS on the Touch.  I'm
pretty sure that every time you switch over to it, it will need to do a
complete rescan of the SD/USB, which will take time and not allow you to
listen while it is scanning.  Plus you lose most if not all plugin
capability, and no WEB UI, and I'm not sure  but would assume that
probably means control plugins like iPeng.

What you want to do as far as segregating the "favorite albums" you
might be able to do with Erland's Custom Browse plugin, which could
give you that view without the penalty of the limitations of Tiny LMS,
which can still be a bit buggy and picky about SD/USB cards & drives.
I would check the 3rd party software section for the thread for it and
ask, as I don't use that.

--
rayman1701