ozzymilton wrote:
> Well really, whinning ?
> It is great that someone placed the free App for the upgrade, but the OP
> was looking for opinions, at least intially.
> Is this upgrade designed only to enhance the USB ?
> If not then the OP might need the information that its not helping the
> digital outputs such as the coaxial output?
> And if the Enhanced digital Output does not improve the sound quality,
> then what's the Point?

I think the point of the App was to allow those with USB only DACS to
use them with the Touch - I believe there are also advantages gained by
using Asynchronous DACs.  An added bonus is that it also allows user
with non-USB DAC to use their DAC via Optical/Coax to play 192k audio
files. Triode hasn't made any claims that there is improved sound
quality. The App allows the Touch to be a more flexible audio streaming
device.

Bob