dBpoweramp is the way to go.
Over the last 3 years, I with a friend have been converting our combined
music collection to FLAC (14,000+ cd's). My ripper of choice is
dBpoweramp, as its interface is much easier than EAC.
With a collection this large, backing up your music is a must, and for
this I use a backup program called GoodSync. It's worth the time and
pain to do it right and although its not free the small cost of paying
for dBpoweramp is worth it's weight in gold. Once you have paid for the
program, you will have free updates and access to its metedata page,
which uses 4 databases to lookup and tag your music and the benefit of
accurip, a nice feature for telling you that your rip is accurate, based
on other users submissions.