On 29 June 2012 10:20, toby10
<toby10.5ew...@no-mx.forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>> ..... it's just that they don't need a Squeezebox for that.  Heck, a
>> decent A/V reciever or NAS / media harddrive will do that......
>
> Ok, then why don't you simply use those for your streaming needs?
> Maybe because those "solutions" are clunky, confusing, limited, not
> user friendly?

Exactly. But I'm not a good mass market example in the audio space, am
I? I love my €2.000 hi-fi setup, many audiophiles will spend way more
than that - and yet the notion of a dedicated stereo is ludicrous to
(almost) all my friends and acquaintances. For them, a €400 all-in-one
is the pinnacle of high-end. What I'm saying is, the mass market won't
care about clunky interfaces if people don't know any better and it's
fuctionality that came for "free" with some other device. Marketing
could fix this, but there isn't any for the Squeezeboxes, is there?
It's pretty much word-of-mouth at this point.
That said, if I was interested (solely) in streaming from the
internet, the receiver would do just fine. The clunkiness only starts
when a local library comes into play.