Dazed and Confused wrote:
> Just set up Touch for the first time. FLAC files are being fed via a
> wired connection from a Synology DS212+ NAS, then into amp (analogue)
> using the supplied leads and thenspeakers. The sound is very digital, ie
> bright and and I want to know ways of making it less digital. I have
> read that power supplies can help and also feeding into a stand alone
> DAC then into the AMP.

I haven't seen this mentioned in the other messages, but how did you
make the comparison  that led to the conclusion the Touch is "bright"
sounding? When I got my first Squeezebox, I compared CDs played on my CD
player against the exact same music ripped to lossless format (FLAC)
through the player. I started the two sources as closely in sync as I
could and level matched them so the volume was the same, then switched
the amp's input control between the two. I could not reliably hear any
difference in sound quality.

Expectations and subconscious influences have a big impact on what we
hear, so do some carefully setup comparisons and give yourself a bit of
time to adjust to the new device in your system.