SBGK wrote:
> the dac won't help, unless you are after better sound quality. TT3.0 has
> been reported as making the sound very digital.
>
> I posted some ideas in my blog, see signature below
>
> A cost effective way to improve the ps is
> http://www.squeeze-upgrade.com/index.php?language=en
>
> otherwise, try putting a cloth over the tweeter

I bought an S-Booster a while back figuring that for the price I didn't
have much to lose. I left it in for a few weeks and forgot about it.
Then a couple of weeks ago I decided to pull it out. I found the sound
became more lively without it. Was I imagining things? Anyhow, yesterday
I popped it back in and things sounded dull again.

Sometimes it's a compromise between  smooth and dull vs harsh and
lively. I'll give it another try but for now I find my sound to be as
smooth as it'll probably get with the Touch. (or maybe I'm imagining
things...)

A sidenote - After owning it for several months I decided to give my
Oppo BDP-93 a try as a transport(PC running
Mezzmo--->ethernet--->Oppo--->S/PDIF--->EE DAC). To me it bettered the
Touch + CIA Power supply + EDO + TT3.0 + SBGK in every way.
The tradeoff, in this case, is that it's not as user friendly as the
Touch.