I am a long time SB user (since 2005) but have never owned a Touch. Nor
have I ever used mysb.com. I use a local library and occasionally listen
to some internet radio via the local LMS (version 7.6.1). Given the
recent news from Logitech, I'm contemplating buying some backup players
for the time when my existing players (Transporter, SB2, Duet) might
die. And of course my only option appears to the Touch.

Reading around, it seems that the simplest way to set up a Touch is to
connect it to mysb.com.

So, some questions:

1. On initial setup, can a Touch be connected to a local LMS rather than
mysb.com? If so, how?

2. If a Touch is connected to a local LMS, does that local LMS provide
the necessary Touch firmware, in the same way it does for the older
players?

3. If the answer to Q2 is no, my understanding is that the firmware can
be downloaded onto a USB stick and loaded from there. In whcih case:
a). What version of the Touch firmware would be appropriate for LMS
7.6.1? (I don't see any reason to change the version of LMS I run).
b). Where can I find instructions on loading the firmware onto the
Touch?

4. Are there any other reasons why a Touch needs to be connected to
mysb.com that I have missed?