I think the software as actually key for the offline experience.  The
software on the touch, squeezeplay, squeezeslave, the server and the
mobile apps.  If oyu have the software you can build simple players from
small plug pcs or similar and continue using everything such as gapless
etc.

Many of the offline services work in very few countries.  Everybody
outside those countries are using general internet radio things or only
offline.  I can't use any of the online things so I will also continue
to use the products.

Probably also ordering a few extra touches soon.