lake_eleven wrote:
> I connected HRT MS II+ DAC directly to the touch without the hub. The
> sound was much refined with low noise floor. it was a really big
> difference.
> Will there be a fix from Logitech or other 3rd party to deal with this
> issue of needing to use hub to connect an async dac.

I have a HRT MSII and have done extensive tests between hub and no hub
and don't hear  any difference sound quality wise. Of course  without
the Hub I  get  clicks and pops. (other things make significant changes
in the sound  of the MSII so I'm pretty confident it's not an issue of
the system not being good enough to hear the difference)

So if the  hub is making  it sound worse it is probably something about
thatparticular hub. Is it bus powered or external powered? My hub has
the option of going either way, if yours does you might want to try it
the other way around.

BTW I'm using a cheap little $5 mobile hub from  my local computer
store.

John S.