JJZolx wrote:
> Thanks, John. Did you say that the initial from-the-factory setup
> differs from an after-factory-reset setup? (Maybe it was someone else.)

The out of the box initial setup and the "factory reset" setup may be
the same, but I'm not sure, remember that the factory  reset  does not
change the  firmware, so if you have upgraded to say 7.7.2 you get THAT
initial setup code rather than the 6.4 initial setup code in the out of
the box Touch. They seem to behave and look exactly the same, but I'm
not sure if there have been any changes in the code. I guess a SVN diff
on the sources would be the way to check for sure.

They both call the SetupWelcome applet.

John S.