gharris999 wrote:
> Wha??  Sorry, I fell asleep holding the left corner.
>
> Seriously, left remote button press didn't work; swiping didn't work;
> pressing and holding the upper left corner didn't work.  I'd like to
> hear confirmation from JohnSwenson that pressing and holding the upper
> left corner did work for him with a new, just out of the box SBTouch
> (i.e. original firmware) with no internet connection.

Yes  I did, here is the procedure:

Put a modern firmware (say 7.7.2) fab4.bin in the root dir of a clean
USB stick. (it doesn't have to be completely empty, but it definitely
should NOT contain a music library or any other media files)  Disconnect
everything from the Touch, NO ethernet cable. Plugin the USB stick.
Plugin the power cord. You will get the spinney thingy trying to connect
to mysqueezebox.com. Let it do that, after a couple minutes it will give
up and you will get a screen saying you have no network connection. NOW
press and hold upper left arrow. This will get you to a home menu (this
one has no icons, it looks very different but it works). Select
Setup->Advanced->Software Update. You will see a screen that says
install from media, under that is one menu item that says Begin Update,
select that. This loads the firmware and reboots. You will get the
normal home menu with icons etc. Select USB Device->Eject. Take out the
USB stick.

What you do next depends on how you want to use the touch. If you want
to use TinyLMS plugin the USB drive (or stick) with the music library
and continue as normal. Let it scan the library. Then go to My Music and
select the server on the Touch if it doesn't automatically connect to
it.

If you want to connect to LMS on another computer select
Setting->Advanced->Networking->Choose Network, select either wifi or
ethernet. Let it make the connection, then go to My music and select
your LMS. (or mysqueezebox.com, but the whole purpose of this was to NOT
connect to mysqueezebox.com)

At this point you should be fully up and running.

John S.