I’m relatively new at this audiophile stuff (less than 6 month) and am
wondering if you folks out there can help me out.

I’m looking for advice on how I can optimize the sound quality of my
audio system that uses my Squeezebox Touch. I currently have a Denon
DRA-697I receiver that I connect to my Ohm Acoustic Micro Walsh Tall
speakers.

I also have my Squeezebox touch connected to a Maverick Audio D1 DAC via
a co-axial cable, an optical cable and RCA jacks. A dial on the DAC
allows the selection for either connection. The Squeeze box is connected
to my receiver via RCA cables. My Squeezebox streams music stored on a
dedicated hard drive connected to my PC. Most of my CD’s are ripped into
wave format.

I’m not sure, but I was told the best sound connection would be with a
co-axial, next optical and least RCA. I get the reverse. My RCA
connections are the best sounding and the other 2 improve the sound,
albeit marginally.

So, what changes can I make to the Squeezebox configuration to optimize
the sound quality?

Thanks