pallfreeman wrote:
> Is "Factory Reset" really what it says? I get the impression it isn't,
> but maybe there's some way to make it so?

The Touch uses a union file system. It has the filesystem in the
firmware image (the fab4.bin) and a "changed" filesystem. Any changes to
any files in the firmware and any new files go in the changed
filesystem. At runtime you see the union of these two filesystems.

The "factory reset" clears the changed filesystem. The firmware stays
exactly the same. It just gets rid of any configuration changes you have
made. It puts the firmware back to a "factory fresh" state, it does NOT
load the same firmware that was in the Touch when it came out of the
box.

Different people seem to interpret the term "factory reset" differently.

John S.