garym wrote:
> My understanding is that the TOUCH and RADIO do *not* get their firmware
> from the local LMS (unlike the older players).  Of course with the TOUCH
> there is a method for updating the firmware on a USB drive or SD Card.
> I also have two new radios and I was going to do the same thing (but
> they do not have the usb or SD card option of the TOUCH).

The local LMS eventually downloads a new version for Touch and Radio , I
think John's instructions also take care of the case with a new server
install and mysb.com dead and gone and also standalone use of the Touch
.

But for example in my current server install I would simply update a new
Touch or Radio from my server .