Monzaboy wrote:
> Today i have compared Natalie Merchant cd in my cd tranport to the
> streamed wifi on the SBT and the sound is very close to eachother but in
> comparison the hd direct into the usb on the SBT is just not as good it
> sounds lighter weight and thinner.
>
> My Cyrus cdxtse with psxr transport runs its stream into the same dac as
> the SBT and the cd and the stream sound the same the hd direct doesnt.

There are many reasons to NOT use the HDD connected to the TOUCH (and
the related "TinyLMS" inside the Touch).  Sound quality is not typically
one of them (and I still believe you are not comparing "apples to
apples" because of something like very small volume differences, etc.).
But this said, there are so many good reasons to use full LMS and not an
attached HDD, you should be using LMS on a PC/NAS and streaming lossless
files to your TOUCH. Your personal preference regarding the sound
quality should make this choice easy.