Monzaboy wrote:
> I am streaming lossless files from my pc to the SBT which sends its
> signal via digi out to my dac.
>
> I also have a hd dierect into the usb which is a direct copy of the hd
> on the pc and also have a cd transport into the same dac.
>
> The volume on the SBT is set to 100% and i have never used the analogue
> outs on the SBT the volume is not changed on my passive preamp and when
> i compare the sound from wifi to the hd in the usb all i change is the
> library and the difference in sound is obvious to hear between the 2
> feeds into the SBT and the cd transport sounds like the wifi stream the
> hd direct doesnt and its not as good so all i wanted to know was is
> there any tweak or setting to improve my hd into usb sound thats all.

OK, but have you confirmed that the AUDIO setting on both the LMS on
your PC and the "tinyLMS" on the Touch are both set to OFF with regard
to use of ReplayGain values.  That could be one thing that trips you up
on comparisons.

Regarding tweaks, there are tweaks for the TOUCH (see TT3.0 and Triode's
EDO). But both of these relate to the TOUCH and *shouldn't* be specific
to using the TOUCH with connected HD vs connecting to another PC running
LMS. Some people think these tweaks add to sound quality and some don't.
But easy enough to test for yourself as they are software based and
easily removed.  If it were me, I'd start with the EDO.  You install
this as an applet from the TOUCH itself.

TT3.0 is here:
http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com/2011/11/touch-toolbox-30.html

EDO is here:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?94512-Announce-Enhanced-Digital-Output-app-USB-Dac-and-192k-Digital-Ouput