JohnSwenson wrote:
> First I'd like to make it clear in my own mind what your setup looks
> like, it sounds like you have a Touch, running TinyLMS with a USB stick
> containing the music library. The Radios connect to the TinyLMS on the
> Touch via Wifi. Is the Touch the only LMS?

Correct. I only have one LMS, the TOUCH.

> It sounds like the problem is the Radios not being able to connect to
> the TinyLMS on the Touch, correct? When this happens, can the Touch
> still play music?
No. The whole system needs rebooting.

> If the Touch can still play music then Tiny LMS is still running, and
> the problem is most likely a network issue.

> I can think of two probable causes, one  is  just wifi connectivity
> issues, but that would tend to not be exactly the  same for the  two
> Radios (unless they are right next to each other).
The radios are on separate floors and the TOUCH is on the ground floor
in another separate room.

> The other is DHCP issues. I've seen this  before, the devices all get
> leases from the DHCP server when they boot and everything  is fine, but
> then some hours later the leases expire and they don't get renewed, thus
> the router won't talk to them. Two common reasons for this are a router
> that has been on for a long time (for some reason some DHCP servers seem
> to get slower and slower the longer the router is on) and interference
> on the wifi link can cause the DHCP server to time out.

I have never got DHCP to work with my Logitech devices so have been on
fixed IP since day one. I assume the router will not DHCP out IP's
assigned that are fixed. Does this have to be set up manually as I have
never bothered and does it assign from the lowest address upwards? My
laptop/netbook and tablet all work fine with DHCP.

> The first thing to try is to reboot the network: modem, router,
> switches, WAPs etc.  This frequently will fix the problem. If it
> doesn't, try temporarily connecting a Radio to the network with a wire
> and see if the problem persists.

Next thing to try. Thanks for the prompt reply.