Gillinger wrote:
> I'm sure I've seen something about this previously on this forum.  I've
> EAC'd all my CDs to FLAC using the same settings each time but some
> albums when played are much, much quieter than others.  Is there a way
> to equalise the output volume so I don't have to keep doing it manually?
> It's a pain when when I've got Random on.  Or do I need to redo the
> offending CDs (which are now packed away in boxes)?  Thanks.

Use replay gain tags foobar2000 can do that no need to re-rip .

LMS has a smart gain function you can turn on .

Note that you absolutely not want to manipulate the audio in the file
get even volume level ! this can make the sound quality suck .

Also the lower sounding files are possibly older releases or actually
better sounding or both :)

Modern loudness war compressed music... is a popular topic (see zillions
off treads here and elsewhere :-/ )