Mnyb wrote:
> Artwork precaching can be turned of ,look in the settings , advanced ,
> performance .
>
> The drawback is that then ,unscanned artwork I s scanned at the moment
> you choose an album , but it could work out better in some cases .

I 've been experiencing this problem with artwork scanning for quite a
while, too ... and when I thought I solved it (had few months without
it), it just resurfaced out of nowhere! For the record, I have near 20k
files on that HDD.
Now, I have firmware 7.7.2.9663 on my Touch and would like to do exactly
this - disable artwork precache, but I could not find the option you
mentioned (not there nor under another menu). Is this dependent on
firmware release? Do you know by chance where to search for the setting
to change this configuration through command line?