Triode wrote:
> You will need to make sure you play files as flac to the player then to
> make > 96k sample rates work.

Hi Triode

Firstly, thank you for your quick responses, and secondly, thanks a
stack for the awesome utility!

I think I mentioned in my first thread that I was using FLAC
predominantly/only. The hi-res files are also FLAC, purchased and
downloaded from Linn. From your previous responses to other queries,
I've ensured that in LMS the file-type for FLAC has the PCM option
changed to FLAC. It appears that EDO isn't able to see the TacT RCS when
I go into the advanced settings on the SBT, selecting the digital out
option. I'm using coax, not optical. Do you think that I should perhaps
update the firmware from 7.7.2 to 7.8 beta? I don't have any problems
playing audio files up to 96 kHz or internet radio stations with low
sampling rates; it's only files that are sampled at rates greater than
96 kHz these play slowly. I've been using Logitech's
Squeezeboxes/Slimdevices for ages, plugged directly into the S/PDIF
input of the RCS 2.2 without any problems, and now, after upgrading with
the EDO firmware, the sound has improved so that my listening experience
has benefited even more. Thank you, once again. I can happily listen to
44,1 kHz and hi-res files at up to 96 kHz, but would love to hear for
myself if the higher resolutions sound even better, so I would really
appreciate it if I can get my SBT to output the 192 kHz files and not
down-sample them to 96 kHz and slow speed, as it's presently doing.