godIsInTheRadio wrote:
> No - I decided not to do the transcoding. Should I necessarily? I know
> that some claim that reducing the transcoding load on the Touch will
> benefit the sound, but I only have a WLAN to access the server so I shy
> away a little from that, even though I use a dedicated bridge instead
> the Touch's WLAN IF.

Nope keep it as it is :)  it is more beneficial to reduce traffic with
wlan , LMS server is also more predicable with "normal" settings . So
replay gain should really work (unless edo does something ) Have you
activated the "Volume Adjustment/Replay Gain" function in the players
audio setting.
It is not enough to have the tags you must also choose to use it ,this
is a per player setting it can be found in the servers web-UI