Tx Triode - searching on Google I found this post with spesifics - you
might be able to "interprete" this for me?:-)

"Hi there,

I own a Abrahamsen v6 DAC and made the DAC update with the new board. I
was one of those that had problems with the input switching. With the
new board Abrahamsen as moved from a Cyrus Logic DAC to a AKM chipset.

In few words I can tell you that this DAC is a steal! For the price I've
never heard such a great sounding DAC.

It has a very analogish sound... Obviously not the best I've heard but
for the investment made it sounds really good.

If I were to point a weakness I would say that it's USB implementation
could have been done better. It's quite limited in terms of sampling
rate.

But if you use say an Hiface USB-SPDIF between you Media Renderer and
DAC you'll be able to obtain better results.

I bought mine directly from ECS Holding.

I'm considering selling mine since I intend to move to a more Hi-Endish
DAC that supports DSD over USB on my main system...

But I haven't decided yet if I will get rid of the v6 or maintain it to
use with my head gear (Beyerdynamic DT880 + Darkvoice DV 337 setup).

Cheers,

Tiff"

"The new board has an AKM dac chip that can handle up to 24 bit /
192KHz, except for *the USB input.

>From what I've found out the ak4117 is a S/PDIF AES/EBU receiver
supporting sample rates up to 192kHz and resolution up to 24bit, and the
ak4125 asyncronous SRC is also able to receive input *sample rates of
192/24, and the ak4396 DAC chip is also capable of handling 192kHz/24bit
PCM data and also 1Bit DSD data (by the way It's a shame that the V6
hasn't a HDMI interface that could receive this DSD on bitstream. If it
had they could've also used the same HDMI connector to receive for
example I2S signal if instead of the PCM2704 they would've *used a
PCM2706/07. That would make in my opinion the v6 even more atractive on
a comercial feature side. Even better if they would implement the open
dcs protocol dsd over usb.... But....) so in theory it handles bitstream
PCM signal up to 192kHz/24 bit. That is if you have on the other hand a
spdif signal supplier that can handle those kind of bit depth and sample
rate.
*
Unfortunately the USB input is limited to 16 bit 48kHz since it uses a
PCM2704... I wouldn't hope to see any upgrade for this limitation since
the USB side of the board is implemented on the main board, where the
analog output side of the signal is. The DAC per se do the DAC is a
separate board that as a sort of plug'n'play feature by means of a set
of on board connectors.

So basically what I was telling you is that the USB implementation made
on this DAC was quite poor therefor a shame as you would be unable to
enjoy the dac's capabilities via USB input. But that problem can be
overcome if you use another USB to spdif converter beside the on present
on board.

For example an hiface USB->SPDIF that is very cheap and does a
acceptable job for the money.

This should only be a concern for you in case you wish to listen to so
called HD music, that is, music with bit depths and sampling rates
superior from 16bit 48kHz with a media renderer as transport using the
on broad USB! Not a problem if you use a capable external USB->SPDIF
converter.

Hope I've cleared thing up for you.

Feel free to ask anything..."

Copied from here: