Mnyb wrote:
> No that's the other mystery, why is you server slow it should not be ?
>
> Is not PureMusic one of those apps that tweaks the whole OS basically ,
> can that have any influence  on running a normal aplication .

Sorry to have confused you.  My MacMini is the player directly connected
to my DAC and playback from MAcOS using Pure Music.

My LMS is installed onto a Macbook Pro which is not used as a player.

But anyway, Pure Music is just a so called audiophile grade software
player, and is not known to hog the CPU.

In ay case I could load up a Firewire or USB drive with gobs of files
and connect to my Macbook Pro and see if that is much faster.  Someone
mentioned 1 hour scan time for 10's of thousands of tracks on the Vortex
server, that seems pertty amazing speed.