Julf wrote:
> Right. So the highest bit rate they have is 320k lossy compression. That
> is still less than half the rate of 44.1/16 FLAC.

Correct. RP is streaming some good high bitrate streams, but they are
lossy and are based on 16/44.1 redbook CD original songs.  None of these
are hires files (i.e., 24/96 or 24/192). (and actually, according to
Bill, the owner of RP, the highest bitrate they have is 192 lossy (mp3
or ogg vorbis). This is also clear from RP's website.  Again, nothing
wrong with RP (I support it with donations!).  But this thread is about
the ability to play hi-res files from a TOUCH. And nothing being
streamed by RP is hi-res.