Man in a van wrote:
> Tom, I have never seen the "kernel update failed" message but this would
> suggest the root of the problem.
>
> I'm a complete numpty at this  sort of stuff so the only thing I can
> suggest is; connect Touch by Ethernet, uninstall any EDO or Kernel
> applet that is installed. Restore Touch to factory setting and  perform
> a software update.
>
> Look into the settings and enable some of the logs (I can't suggest
> which ones) but these might give a record for future use.
>
> With logs enabled, try again. If it still doesn't work then you will at
> least have a record of any problems, which some-one with more knowledge
> may be able to help you with.(Time for the Lone Ranger; aka Triode)
>
> Sorry but that is about the extent of my knowledge with regard to this
> problem; good luck.
>
> atb.
>
> Ronnie
>
> A late thought, maybe try a different USB cable and/or a hub, mine works
> without a hub but that's not to say that you shouldn't try.

Ronnie,

Well I finally got the EDO to load without the "kernal failed" message
and it worked!  I didn't do anything different but I'd guess I
downloaded and reset to factory settings at least a dozen times til it
loaded successfully.  Anyway, the Mydac is connected and working great.
Thanks for your help.

Tom