guidof wrote:
> John, thank you very much for your suggestion to "use flac streaming."
> I'm sure what this means, and more important how one does it, is clear
> to most, but it is unfortunately not so to me. I *was* attempting to
> play 24/192 FLAC files through the SBT coax digital output with EDO. I
> was not using a wav or other format file. Is this what you mean?
>
> If not, would you be so kind as to let me know what I should do to be
> able to successfully play these 24/192 FLAC files?
>
> Regards,
>
> Guido F.
In LMS, Under Settings, Advanced, File Types, under the entry for FLAC,
there should be 4 options, one each for AIFF, FLAC, MP3 and PCM.  What
are they set to?

These control whether the data is sent to the Touch in FLAC or PCM
format.  Apparently only LMS 7.8 is able to send 24/192 quality data in
PCM format, otherwise you must use FLAC format (set FLAC to 'native' and
PCM to 'disabled').

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi, FLACs 16 or 24 bit. Touch on Ethernet (in
another room), digital out to a Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC. Old wireless
laptop running Linux Mint Debian controls server using Chromium.
Squeezelite on Ubuntu & Windows desktops plus the laptop.  Meridian
Explorer USB DAC to listen directly to Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft!