I have a meridian explorer USB dac and note that this works with the EDO
software can I ask a couple of questions please ( if anyone is using the
explorer that would be great if you could advise?,

1. Is it perfectly safe to plug the explorer into the USB socket on the
rear of the Touch, I'm concerned that the USB power may be to much for
the explorer? It says on Meridians literature that it requires -  USB,
nominal 5V at <500mA. Can anyone let me know how much power the touches
USB socket puts out please?.

And

2. How do you power the dac down to remove it ?, is it safe to just fake
it out the socket or is there a procedure.

Thanks in advance for any advice.