pierrepfeffer wrote:
> OK - I'm through page 38 of this thread.  Seems LMS converts alac to
> flac on the fly.  So why the EDO disclaimer limiting EDO digital out on
> Touch to flac?  My alac files don't play with EDO, but why?  What LMS
> server setting should I be using for alac?
You might try changing the LMS setting under 'Advanced', 'File Types'
for Apple Lossless.  Try setting the Apple Lossless entry to be
Disabled, so that a flac or PCM is sent instead.

LMS 7.8 on VortexBox Midi, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch with
EDO on Ethernet, coax out to a Musical Fidelity M1 CLiC. Wireless
Xubuntu laptop controls server using Chromium.   Meridian Explorer USB
DAC to listen to LMS via Squeezelite on Vortexbox & other PCs as
required.  Spare Touch in loft!