Fizbin wrote:
> Sorry to get back so late.  The files I'm playing are vinyl 24/96 vinyl
> rips, recorded to flac. So flac is the native file (well, that's the way
> I get the). I convert them to wav using dBpoweramp.

You are aware that the internal server is a rough hack? It might be
struggling to handle both the USb traffic and the flac decoding (at
24/96) at the same time. Do you hear the same difference between flac
and wav at 16/44.1?

"To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this
fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt
edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953